TupeloCon 2018 Craftsmanship Cosplay Contest
Registration & Rules
* Novice: New to cosplay making, has won none to a few awards; 75% of cosplay is handmade.
* Journeyman: Has made a few cosplays, has won a few to several awards; 75% of cosplay is handmade.
* Master: Experienced cosplay maker, has won multiple awards; 75% of cosplay is handmade.
* Group/Duo: 2+ people; 75% of the cosplay is made by the group; all skill levels.
* Walk-On: Member of Socially Awkward TIMELORDS; not eligible for any TupeloCon awards. Will be judged by the Ministry of Silly Suits.
How to Register: (Please read all rules before registering.)
* Pre-registration is available online from Monday, March 12, 2018 through Friday, April 13, 2018.
* Those registering online must buy a pass for Tupelo Con before registering for the cosplay contest.
USE DISCOUNT CODE: COSPLAY18 TO GET 10% OFF THE TICKET PRICE
* Those who register online, must sign-in at the Tupelo Con cosplay contest registration table Saturday, April 21 between 10am and noon. Failure to do so will result in someone else getting your slot. Note: The cosplay registration table is located in the cosplay area.
* A limit of 60 cosplay contestant slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Early pre-registration will ensure a slot.
* On-site registration will be available in the cosplay area 10am-noon on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
* Group/Duo: Contestants registering as a Group/Duo only fill out 1 registration form.
* Prejudging Time: Each contestant will receive a prejudging time upon check-in/registration the morning of the cosplay contest.
* To compete in the craftsmanship cosplay contest, cosplays must be at least 75% handmade. No closet cosplays, store-bought, online-purchased, or rented costumes.
* All registered contestants must be present for prejudging at their assigned time. Contestants will be assigned a prejudging time when they check-in/register 10am-noon Saturday, April 21, 2018.
* All costumes and props must follow Tupelo Con’s official rules and weapons policy.
* No nudity - Tupelo Con is a family friendly event; keep the cosplays PG.
* Harassment will not be tolerated. All inappropriate behavior will result in being eliminated from the cosplay contest and possibly removed from the con.
* All contestants, must bring an official (not fan art) reference picture of the character they are portraying so the judges can better judge the accuracy of their costume. Original characters are welcomed; they also require a reference picture.
* Contestants are encouraged to bring progress photos of the making of their cosplay to show the judges during prejudging.
* Contestants may be assisted by a handler during the prejudging and contest.
* If you are modeling a cosplay for someone else, the maker must be present for prejudging and be the one to claim an award, if they are a winner.
* Everything displayed for the contest must be present on the contestant’s person during pre-judging.
* No special effects (i.e. glitter, liquid, flames, etc.) that could be hazardous are allowed on or off of the stage.
* Contestants must be lined up in the main stage area 30 minutes before the contest presentation starts. The main stage is located near the Con entrance.
* No scripts or dances on stage - Each contestant is allowed 3 poses on stage and can say character’s catch phrases; however, no profanity may be used.
* Judges retain the right to bump a contestant into a more advanced category than what they signed up for; however, they cannot bump a contestant down.
Cosplay Contest Awards:
Judge’s Choice (x3)